T H E R I S K T A K E R S P O D C A S T
I’m on a MISSION to inspire one MILLION people to take the RISK they’ve always DREAMED of.
When we were little, we would always take risks and dream big, we’d do what brought us so much joy, but somewhere along the way we lost that part of ourselves. But it’s never lost. It’s STILL in us. 🙂 So I’ve gathered big dreamers and massive risktakers to share their stories of mountain top moments and also the moments of pain and failure, to encourage us to remember how amazing we are and that it’s never too late to achieve these big dreams in our hearts. Stories make us childlike. Stories remind us of who we are.
I hope this podcast inspires and encourages you to realise how brave and uniquely special you are, and that YOU have something beautiful to bring this world. Here’s to you and all the brave and courageous souls! I’m counting these risks so tag #1millionrisks and email me your risk HERE so I can add it to our official Risk List.
So much love to you 🙂 Nat xx
Episode #1 - CARLA COULSON // PHOTOGRAPHER, AUTHOR & CREATIVE COACH.
I was thrilled to chat with Carla! This risktaking QUEEN is an international photographer, author and creative coach.
Carla’s stunning work has been featured in Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Gourmet Traveller and and she’s published 8 books with Penguin. Carla is passionate about empowering women and encourages thousands through her brilliant creative mentoring course, YES YES YES.
In this episode we have a beautiful conversation about:
– The risk she took, packing up her life at 35 and moved to Italy,
– Why she’s not afraid of failure and how fear can help us move forward,
– The magical thing that happened after her publisher asked her to do something wild,
– That living our truest most beautiful and joyfilled life is simpler than we think,
– And we go behind the scenes of some of her most beautiful book collaborations.
I know you will love her. Here’s to the Risktakers!
I hope you enjoy!
Much love, Nat xo
Episode #2 - DANIEL FLYNN // THANKYOU CO-FOUNDER AND GLOBAL VISIONARY ON A MISSION TO END WORLD POVERTY.
- Why it takes 2 years to launch a ThankYou campaign,
- Why the bigger the risks the the more grounding you need,
- Pioneering and risktaking require massive support and cannot be done alone,
- Why taking a risk requires a deep personal internal journey,
- How he met President Obama AND had the biggest challenge of his life in the SAME day,
- Why pain and failure need to be redefined and are actually a sign of success,
- As well as all the details of their groundbreaking invitation to bring the world’s biggest companies together to end world poverty in their new campaign… NO SMALL PLAN.
Episode #3 - BRUCE KEEBAUGH // THE BIG GROUP CO-FOUNDER AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ICON.
Episode #4 - LIZ DAWES // CONNOR'S MUM AND CEO & FOUNDER OF CONNOR'S RUN.
Episode #5 - NOAH ELIAS // ARTIST FOR DISNEY, LUCASFILM, THE FAST & THE FURIOUS, AUTHOR & STORYTELLER.
- What he’s currently doing on location at Walt Disney World in Florida and the incredible painting of Walt Disney he just commissioned for Disney,
- How he took a massive risk and pitched his car design to the director of The Fast and the Furious (he designed Suki’s pink car!),
- How knowing our “WHY” adds depth and power to our story and brand,
- How to pitch ideas and create opportunity where it doesn’t exist,
- How to bring your family into your business and your dreams,
- Why living and thinking “as if” completely changes our mindset and therefore our actions,
- How pain, failure and challenges can open the best doors,
- How we can change our perspective and view the challenges of life as opportunities,
- Why risk in life is a non-negotiable,
- Why fun is a necessity in life and reminds us of who we are,
- How leveraging the power of our unique STORY can change the world.
Episode #6 - JESS RUHFUS // FOUNDER & CEO OF COLLABOSUARUS, SPEAKER & B&T '30 UNDER 30' WINNER.
- How a three-month trip to San Francisco in 2018 almost broke her but ended up being the catalyst to an idea that catapulted her business,
- How she almost quit, then Apple called to invite her to speak at an event,
- Why it’s okay to be embarrassed about your first product launch,
- How we are ALL “faking it till we make it”,
- How her biggest turnaround happened after Gap and Walmart signed up to Collabosaurus,
- Why listening to her gut and body has led her to where she is,
- What hearing ‘”NO” from 140 investors taught her,
- Why perfectionism and unrealistic expectations are killers and how being kind ourselves is essential,
- Why brand matchmaking is such a smart way to market your brand,
- Why mentorship is a game changer for her,
- Her experience of launching her business into the American market and how it was different than she expected,
- How she hustled her way into her first job that opened big doors,
- How after six years she made one decision, ASOS signed up, and changed everything,
- She also gives fab practical first step strategies to take your risk and create your dream life.